Tuesday 18 December 2012

Oat and Bay Conditioning Shampoo Ren Oat and Bay Conditioning Shampoo

I have recently discovered this fantastic brand not only do they use natural organic ingredients and great ethics they are very affordable and effective, before I give my review on this lovely shampoo let me fill you in about the brand.

About REN

REN say that they offer skincare as it should be. They use the latest hi-tech bio actives, free from skin-unfriendly ingredients and are gorgeously pleasurable to use.
REN Skincare is a unique skincare regime that uses the soothing and potent capabilities of powerful plant bio actives. Developed as a real alternative to preservative and chemical laden designer skincare and mass-market products, REN skincare is a natural beauty choice.
They go by 5 principles and I love a product that is not only going to be kind to my skin but also has a conscience:

"We make Clean Products that are free from skin-unfriendly ingredients including: Synthetic fragrance, pore-blocking petrochemicals, sulfate detergents, synthetic colours, animal ingredients * and parabens." In addition, REN products do not contain potential irritants including: glycols and diglycols (such as propylene glycol), PEG's, PPGs, urea, D.E.A, T.E.A, PABA and other synthetic sunscreens, aliphatic alcohols/hydrocarbons, phthalates, fumarates, amines, alkanolamines, synthetic AHAs/BHAs, polyacrylamide, metacrylate, elastomer, poloxamer, styrene, vinyl, polyquaternium, synthetic chelating agents, nylon, nitriles, nitrates, nitrosamine releasers, bromates, fluor, aluminum and alumina etc.* other than milk in our Hydra-Calm Youth Defence Serum and beeswax in our Mayday Mayday Rescue Balm.
 

REN Clean Bio Active Skincare

"We aim to pioneer new ways of applying the latest discoveries in bio active technology to produce groundbreaking formulations that are Clean, effective and a joy to use."

 "We believe gorgeous skincare can just make the world a slightly nicer place to be and make us feel a little nicer being here."

"We do our bit to minimise our use of the world’s limited natural resources.We donate a minimum of 2.5% of our profits to campaigns that promote a better environment and a better life for those less fortunate than ourselves.

"We believe a principle is a principle even if it costs money. We believe we reap what we sow. We prefer goodwill to suspicion, humour to gravitas. We welcome difference."

Now for My Review

I have tried a few various products in the Ren range previously and have been impressed with them so was eager to try their hair care range.
Ingredients
It is a gentle shampoo based on mild cleansers sourced from Oats and using bio actives from Bay Oil (stimulating) and Lemon Oil (cleansing).
This product uses only 100% natural fragrance and is free from harsh sulfate detergents and synthetic colours.
Packaging
The packaging is simple yet also looks quality and not too fussy looking. The flip lid makes it easy to use in the shower.
Texture
The shampoo itself has a nice creamy texture and slight scent, the arma is very natural and not at all overpowering.
It feels really creamy on the hair and scalp but lathers up well but not as much as other shampoos I have used indicating that it is not packed with lathering additives which was a massive plus for me and unlike any shampoo I have tried before.
Effectiveness
Rinsing was effortless but also left my hair feeling thoroughly clean and fresh. It was kind to my skin which sometimes gets a little irritated when rinsing shampoo from my hair.
I followed up with REN Pro Vitamin Hair Conditioner. My hair was left wonderfully soft and healthy with a beautiful slight scent.
Overall Recommendation
The shampoo is definitely different from anything I have tried before prompting me to write this review the fact that it felt so much different on my scalp and hair impressed me greatly.
I have yet to try a Ren product that I don't like. I recommend this product and brand highly especially if you have sensitive skin/scalp and at a price everyone can afford it just makes for great value for money.
I can't wait to try more of the range!

No comments: